Usage issues/ When on WIFI does Cellular data get used also?
cwilliams33

I am having issues going over on data usage.  The times do not match up and it is showing majority of it is Communication & Device services.  My wife and I just switched to Verizon on Friday and by Saturday night were getting messages about being 50% to our limit.  We are set with the 1GB plan since we never went beyond that with our other provider. We also know we have a smaller plan and have been ensuring we are almost always on Wifi?  It appears that the wifi and Data are being consumed Simultaneously.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage issues/ When on WIFI does Cellular data get used also?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cwilliams33, we definitely want to ensure you stay within your plan amount, as well as ensure that your first month goes through smoothly.

I too would be just as concerned with this, so lets do all we can to help out.

Let's start with some basic details. What devices are you both using?

Also, what billing cycle info were you provided?

It is possible that you have a small prorated amount to use for a day or two as your new billing cycle starts over. (Just depends on the set up of the account)

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Usage issues/ When on WIFI does Cellular data get used also?
cwilliams33

We both have iPhone 6s.  My concern is that data is being used when on wifi.   Is this true?

0 Likes