Upgrading to the 20th century. School me. Droid vs. Iphone 4
gbic1

I am upgrading my ENv3 and want a real smart phone. I like the slide out keyboard since I have big fingers. I was looking at the Droid 2. Is there any reason to get the Iphone instead? I am not a tecky geek but I would like to watch my CCTV cams on line.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading to the 20th century. School me. Droid vs. Iphone 4
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Does your CCTV cameras require flash to view on the web? That sounds like your biggest hurdle without more details. Android phones with the right size processor and Android 2.2 OS or higher have the ability to view Flash content. The iphone can't use flash.
There are several threads floating around this community comparing the two phone types. If I had more time this morning, I would dig up a few of them to paste as links.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If it's an ipcam, there should be apps available on Android and iOS that would allow you to see it on either.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

gbic1 wrote:

I am upgrading my ENv3 and want a real smart phone. I like the slide out keyboard since I have big fingers. I was looking at the Droid 2. Is there any reason to get the Iphone instead? I am not a tecky geek but I would like to watch my CCTV cams on line.

if you have to have the slideout keyboard, then iphone is out, it does not have one

if you can live without the kb, then throw other anroids in for larger screens, and the iphone comes back also

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if poor battery life will annoy you (and i mention this because it sounds like you will be watching video which will consume the battery fairly quickly) then androids may not be for you. i prefer just about any android for a number of reasons. you can customize them a bit more. you don't HAVE TO use itunes for music. full Flash support (if you have 2.2 or higher). there are many to choose from, instead of one. and they will be rolling out 4g/LTE versions in the very near future. i would strongly recommend spending some time here, on the web, and in verizon stores to make sure you learn all of the options. the htc is coming out with the thunderbolt. it will be 4g capable (if you live in a market with 4g/LTE), have a front facing cam, and a large screen. i was hung up on wanting a physical keyboard too. i went from an env touch to the incredible. i was going to get the original droid for the keyboard. it took a couple days before i realized i will likely never go back to a physical keyboard. and my screen is smaller than the X or the thunderbolt. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes