Upgrading from HTC Incredible (3G version) to HTC Rezound, need to transfer ALL data
carguy3j

Well, what the title says. Can someone please tell me ( in clear, intelligent, unbroken ENGLISH!) how to transfer EVERYTHING from my old phone to the new?

Neither phone is <Deleted> or in any way modified, and I don't plan on changing that. So far, I have the Rezound fully charged, but I have not, and will not so much as turn it on until I know I can get everything transferred.

By everything, I mean pretty much everything. Not just contacts. I want all my app data. There is no way I'm losing 2+ years of progress in all 6 versions of Angry Birds! I need all my text messages (SMS/MMS) to "magically appear" on the new phone, just as if they had originally been received on it, with conversations and reply ability intact. I want my web browsing history transferred. I want all my photos,etc.. transferred. Essentially, I refuse to accept anything less then turning on my new phone and having it appear and function as though my "old" phone had simply magically grew a bigger screen, with no other changes. The bigger screen is the only reason I'm getting a new phone anyway, so I see no reason to give up anything I already have, or to be inconvenienced by lost data. I don't want to hear that this isn't possible. YES, it is, from a technological stand-point. With the high prices Verizon charges for service, along with this ridiculous $30 "upgrade" fee, I expect them to find a way to make it happen. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops, or pay for some 3rd party app, or be <Deleted per the ToS>. Ultimately, if this can't be done the way I want, I will drop kick the new phone across the parking lot a few times and send it back, along with a demand for a bill credit for the screen protector and case I already bought and installed and can't send back.

So, can anybody please help me, with clear, specific instructions and/or direct links to said info? I don't need "my cousin's brother's next door neighbor might have heard of some app that they think exists" or "Forget it, dude", or "Get over it" ,etc... type responses.

<Post edited to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading from HTC Incredible (3G version) to HTC Rezound, need to transfer ALL data
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

You cant, all you can do is transfer your, contacts, pics and music, and maybe bookmarks from your browser. If the app does not have its own backup feature, you wont be able transfer your data. Sorry. I feel your pain, I went from Incredible 2 to Rezound. Rezound to Razr M, even then, no backup feature in app, I still could not transfer app data.. Those app BASTARDS (lol)

I know this was not the answer you were looking for, Sorry.

0 Likes