Upgraded to LG G4. Using old Droid Maxx as PDA...SIM card question.
Clutch41007

OK, so here's the question.  I'm currently using an LG G4 as my phone.  I've decided to use my old phone, a Droid Maxx, as a PDA/tablet after a series of unfortunate events regarding my actual tablet.  That said, it did occur to me to wipe the old phone in case I lost it.  Now, with that in mind, should I remove the SIM card from it, so when I go through the setup process, it doesn't add on an additional device to my line or, worse, overwrite the G4?  Or does Verizon know that I've upgraded and will not acknowledge the Droid Maxx anymore, regardless of whether or not the SIM card is inside it?

I would really appreciate a clear answer, because when I did start the process again just now, it told me the phone was active under my current cell number; my G4 is still making and taking calls, though, and I would like it to remain that way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to LG G4.  Using old Droid Maxx as PDA...SIM card question.
Snn5
Legend

Just remove the SIM. 

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to LG G4. Using old Droid Maxx as PDA...SIM card question.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clutch41007,

Repurposing devices is certainly the way to go, especially if you have the technology on hand. I don’t want to see this interfere with your existing line. Certainly removing the SIM card is a quick way to assure that this line will not want to activate completely to your account. Another step to take, if the SIM card is in the device, is to place it in Airplane Mode and leaving it in that mode. Devices in Airplane mode can still sync up with wifi networks if needed. Either options would be recommended as leaving the phone on, with the SIM card in and not on Airplane Mode may cause issues down the line and we don’t want that to become an issue.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to LG G4. Using old Droid Maxx as PDA...SIM card question.
Bast
Enthusiast - Level 3

The sim card has all your permanent information so you will want to take out the sim card and insert a new one for use as a tablet. All cell phones, even those no longer used, can call 911 so it will always be active but unless you know something that I don't, you will only get calls on your new phone.

0 Likes