Upgrade question
krb123

This probably a dumb questions, but here goes:  I just ordered an LG Ally from the Verizon website, once I receive the phone I want to bring it into a Verizon store to transfer my contacts, etc, from my ENV. Do I need to activate my new phone first?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade question
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I doubt it, but if you do, they will activate it for you in store.
0 Likes
LisaAnneChampio

Just make sure you do not have to send your phone back. Make sure you get triple copies of receipts, if you do.

They lost my 2 phones and then said it was my fault, because THEY LOST them. Now I am in another 2-year contract and cannot get another phone for another 2 years. This is a great way for them to lock you into contracts, and make you pay to stay with them. I can't wait to get done with this contract, I am switching after being with this company for over 10 years. This is a great way to treat loyal customers

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

krb123, you need to sync your contacts with backup assistant on your ENV and save it, its free to use. Just download the application and it will ask for a password which is last 4 of your phone number. Once you done that, the android system on your phone will allow you to upgrade your contacts on your LG Ally free of charge and it takes about 1 minute to do it all. Just use the backup assistant the same way you do on the ENV. And to activate your phone dial *228 and press option 1 and it will activate it for you. No need to go to the store. If you need a step by step on anything let me know and I will help you out further.

0 Likes