Upgrade issues
Cris15

Since the latest upgrade my phone has went crazy. I will be in the middle of something and the apps close. Now my phone keeps saying the SIM card is not a Verizon card. This upgrade has caused nothing but problems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade issues
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can get a free replacement Sim card from a verizon corporate store.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Tell us which phone and what update you have.  Could be a number of things causing all the issues.

0 Likes
Cris15

I have a Samsung Note 3, I just did an upgrade 5 days ago. Ever since my phone has acted up.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can try a full system cache clear or a factory data reset.

Cache Clear

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, Power key
  • When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  • When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
  • Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2014/07/fix-verizon-galaxy-s4-problems-errors-95460#IgsMYlVfdEBZz0gR.99

Factory Reset

The following process has helped many, maybe you can benefit from this as well.  I know you don't WANT to FDR, but if you haven't already, this might be a NEED to operation.

Back up any photos documents or videos and other media to a PC or cloud service.  Google Accounts will keep your contacts in Gmail and you can use Google Drive to back up everything instead of a PC and the Play Store will remember the apps you have downloaded before.

Plug into charger for the entire process

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

0 Likes