Re: Upgrade Decisions
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I done the update that was waiting also and all seem to be normal for me. However that was in the store not really any time to do more then a quick check of things. I would have loved to bring one home.  

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Just a final update:  first, I appreciate the comments.  I went into the store today to see what I could do.  Got a very nice lady who was extremely helpful.  She mentioned a promo for $50 for 4 GB and let me know that I could have a tablet and a phone for the same monthly cost as what I was paying for just the phone; and double the data.  What the store couldn't do, however, was change my upgrade date.  Then, when I went to get the tablet and upgrade my plan, I found out the promo ended the day before.  I still took the tablet but when I got home I contacted customer service.  They not only changed my upgrade date and allowed me to get the new phone (as I indicated I wanted the upgrade dates for the two devices to match), the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by the way, but also honored the change to the 4GB plan at the promotional price.  Now I have a tablet, a phone on the way, an upgraded plan and with my vet's discount, won't be paying a dime more in monthly charges.  Of course the initial activation fees and phone costs weren't light as the phone isn't eligible for Edge so technically I could say I am adding about $8.00 /month give or take a few dollars.

For any Verizon rep who can pass it on, please have the store give a big thank you for all the help to Dia:  store 625.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Stay away from the Samsung, I have had both and would definitely go with the Motorola Turbo over the Samsung any day of the week.

mack5

Just wondering why you are not thinking of the s5 or waiting for the nexus 6? both are great phones and like the note but not as big.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah get the Turbo if you want average battery life, one of the worst/dimmest displays, and a horrible camera. Good choice the Turbo is!

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

S5 is bleh and not future proof with its abysmal 2GB ram. You say you don't like big phones then recommended the Nexus 6? Nexus is mainly for tech enthusiasts. The average consumer has no business buying them because the cameras suck, battery isn't as good, and not as many features as OEMs love to add to them.

It's for minimalists who like stock and don't want any extra boom.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Android in the past 2 updates have been able to run on 512mb of ram. 2nd is future proof for the long run. However you are only going to get 18 months of support and after YAOYO unless the manufacturer wants to make the next updates.

0 Likes
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

Take a look at the Sony Z3v.  I thought it was outstanding!  Best of luck in your search.  Let us know what you decided and why! 

0 Likes