Update to NG6
ejohns
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update to NG6 has rendered my Galaxy S4 totally unusable. I am not able to make calls, play music, or watch videos. The screen keeps freezing, the system gets stuck on the lock screen, the phone is randomly rebooting, and most all of the apps yield error messages. All of these problems began immediately after my phone updated to NG6 earlier today. This is completely unacceptable! Why can't Verizon just push us back to NC5 until they get the numerous bugs sorted out?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update to NG6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bigalr10,

Thanks for the details! Place the device in Safe Mode for a couple of hours to see if the device resets http://vz.to/SWX4Fx .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bigalr10
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone keeps rebooting. Getting pissed

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Just one of the reasons I never update my phone right off the bat.  I always wait 2-3 months and so far it's worked really well.  Not one update in the past has ever put a problem on any phone I've ever had.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bigalr10,

Software updates are supposed to improve the device! Sorry to hear that this is not occuring. Does it reboot while in a particular application? Does a specific error message appear before the device reboots?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

bigalr10
Enthusiast - Level 2

It reboots several times a day. Not a lot. It's very hard to say what's doing it. It's gonna be tough finding it. I'm not very happy fully re-setting device. Was perfectly fine before. I see people still having issues even after re-setting device! Don't know what to do next. I did get the Amazon Suite cropping out. I disabled that.  I did a cache cleaning. Phone is faster. Lol.

0 Likes
bigalr10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wonder how & why I got 2 names here. Lol no biggie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bigalr10,

Thanks for the details! Place the device in Safe Mode for a couple of hours to see if the device resets http://vz.to/SWX4Fx .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
angialex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received the update notification today and installed. Now I too am having the same issue with frequent reboots. Occurs in random apps, the homescreen, whether active or idle. I've tried both the safe mode and system reset tech support options noted here. Unfortunately, neither was the answer to this issue.

Like previously mentioned, I was having NO issues with my phone previously. As a matter of fact, I was very satisfied with its high functioning capabilities. Now? It's totally annoying, not to mention that it's nearly useless as it's even done these reboots during several phone conversations.

Please.... PLEASE troubleshoot this issue and provide a patch/fix ASAP!

Thank you,

Angi

Samsung S4 16G

mremptywallet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got my update last night and it keeps rebooting. Applications or the screen it's self wont respond to touch until i close everything and then try again but by that time the phone reboots again...

Andrew91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my phone two days ago and it's doing the same thing. Keeps restarting itself and the screen will randomly freeze. In fact the phone restarted itself twice while I was trying to write this.

Verizon,  it would be nice if you could help your customers out with this very clear problem we are having. For how much we all pay for your service, it would be nice to get some "real"  help. Scrolling through the discussions about the NG6 problem, all I see is customers asking for help and you sending out 1 or 2 pointless responses.