Update problem
BLCampbell

I upgraded my tablet last week to a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T837V). When trying to check for system updates I receive a "Sorry, we're having trouble authenticating your device" error. I have been on chat with tech support numerous times, which usually ends with a "are you still there?" message and my replies go unanswered. I have done a factory reset twice, still get the error. I understand I can connect to a PC and run the update assistant, but I want this fixed. Any advice?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update problem
bearone21
Legend

using the network, wi-fi or both tried??

0 Likes
BLCampbell

Both. Techs (via Chat) have tried to reactivate the tablet several times.

0 Likes
dias_vzw
Verizon Employee

Bruce BLCampbell, I am truly sad to hear that the Samsung Tab is now working properly. That is an awesome device and my goal is to make sure it is working. Have you tried taking the sim card out for 2 minutes? If not, please power off the tablet, remove the sim card for 2 minutes. Then reinstall it and power the tablet up. Make sure you are connected to WiFi and then try checking for the software update. Also, make sure your WiFi connection is working properly and that other devices are connecting to it. Please reach back out to us if none of this works for you. We will stand by.

DiaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes