Update Issues
Hoigaard

My Droid 4 updated last night w/ the new OS. Issues now are vast, but the most annoying so far is that half the qwerty keys do not work, most notably, the SHIFT button. I cannot type capital letters without turning on caps lock and then turning it off, any of the secondary icons on the numbers (!@#$%^&*) cannot be used. My phone is essentially worthless to do any sort of task that requires typing.

This update is repugnant. Fix it. Wife and I have been debating leaving Verizon for a while and we're on our last nerve.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update Issues
budone
Legend

Have you done a master reset?

0 Likes
marine31

same thing happend to mine but it wont turn on at all it just sits at the boot up screen four hours and i have done master reset 4 times

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You did master resets?

0 Likes
DroidFour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your special chars issue is something that took me a second to figure out.  The shift key no longer "sticks". You must hold and then press the key for the char you want.  This <word filter avoidance> in my opinion as the keyboard is too small to work this way.  Does your phone randomly reboot? Is your battery life garbage now?  Because those are other issues I'm now having.

<Post edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DroidFour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same issue with it being stuck on the red eye. Press and hold the up/down volume key and the power button at the same time to kill the process. Then restart.  That worked, but my phone randomly reboots now.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got the JB update (4.04 ICS when I bought the phone 3/11, 4.12 JB 3/25) on Monday am, and to date I haven't had any issues.  My keyboard works normally, apps (the few I have anyway) seem to function as expected, and the phone actually seems to work smoother, more responsively than before.  Admittedly, I'm new to Android and hadn't really gotten used to ICS, and maybe hadn't done enough customizations from the default settings to  notice many changes or have things upset for me.

I can see where a master reset might help, but also wipe out all your customizations developed as you work with the phone...

0 Likes
sissyis

this is what mine does, have done the master reset 3 times no luck, what can i try.

0 Likes