Unlocking my Eris
jlr128

My nephew tried a few times to guess my unlock pattern on my Eris, and apparently it was too many attempts!  It is now perma-locked and asking for my gmail ID and password.  I tried a few different combinations of user names and passwords but nothing is valid.  I went to google mail and tried to retrieve my information and send it to my secondary account.  Gmail replies back on my other email account saying that there is no user associated with the address I provided.  Are there any other suggestions aside from getting the phone flashed again and losing my information?  Somebody please help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocking my Eris
2pt5RS
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't remember your GMAIL email account and password you used to set up the phone?

Also, it will revert back to normal after 30 seconds. You will be able to enter your unlock pattern and it will unlock.

0 Likes
jlr128

you get a max of 10 tries in groups of 5... after that you have to enter your gmail username and password.  my problem is that i don't use the gmail account and that particular information was not saved for my reference.  unfortunately i had to get a master reset performed, and that erased my apps, contacts, pics, etc...:smileymad: also since it was reset in a fAlltel network, the network had trouble authenticating my phone in a VZW home area.  had to take it to another store, call tech assistance, and work on the authentication part.  i can now send sms, and make/receive calls.

***BTW if that last remark **smartphones are for smart people** then you need to watch who you send that kind of message to... I AM a cell tech for Verizon Wireless and I probably know a WHOLE lot more about the technology that enables these phones to work!***

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

jlr128 wrote:

***BTW if that last remark **smartphones are for smart people** then you need to watch who you send that kind of message to... I AM a cell tech for Verizon Wireless and I probably know a WHOLE lot more about the technology that enables these phones to work!***

except how to unlock your phone. lol

0 Likes