Unlocked phone
VideoHammer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm considering an unlocked phone for Father's Day. They are heavily discounted.

I've been told that verizon charges an enhanced fee for adding an unlocked phone. That would defeat the purpose of buying a discounted phone, if true.

Does anyone one know the pricing structure for adding an unlocked phone? It seems that I can't get any answers on the website until I've purchased a phone and can add its identification info.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Unlocked phone
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I'm not sure what "ehnhanced fee" means. There is no sperate pricing for phones whether they be Verizon phones or unlocked phones. I'm not ure where you get your information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VideoHammer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been told that despite the fact that the phone is paid for, that  verizon charges considerably more for line access, than I would pay for using a verizon phone.

Essentially fees that bring  the cost right back up to what I'd pay if I got a Verizon phone on time payments. I can not doing that information on the webpage.

It's a question. If I could find the information elsewhere, I wouldn't be asking it here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I'm not sure what "ehnhanced fee" means. There is no sperate pricing for phones whether they be Verizon phones or unlocked phones. I'm not ure where you get your information.

0 Likes
VideoHammer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been told that despite the fact that the phone is paid for, that  verizon charges considerably more for line access, than I would pay for using a verizon phone.

Essentially fees that bring  the cost right back up to what I'd pay if I got a Verizon phone on time payments. I can not doing that information on the webpage.

It's a question. If I could find the information elsewhere, I wouldn't be asking it here.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@VideoHammer1 wrote:

You were told wrong by someone who is either ignorant or a hater.

The only plans with line access fees are tiered data plans. The ony time the line fees were different is when Verizon offered 2 year contracts. If you had a 2 year contract( which you would only have if you got a heavily discounted phone. And not to be confused with device payments )the line fee was. $40. Any other situation the fee was $20. Since Verizon stopped offering 2 year contracts in Jan 2017 the last customers with the $40 line fee ended 5 months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An unlocked device will not cost you any more than any other device when attempting to activate it on our services. You will have to pay for a new line of service if you are not activating it on an existing a line. I hope this helps. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
VideoHammer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for that very adult response. 

mgrzesiak12

is unlocked phone bought on amazon the same a far as connectivity coverage as a new phone bought in verizon store ? someone told I might experience worse performance because I have unlocked phone rather than "verizon" phone

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes