Unlimited speed super slow
Balthial
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello I've had versions prepaid plan and got the unlimited plan so I could stream, and use hotspot it's my only internet source and I'm getting anywhere from 3kbps to 70kbps but nothing more and makes it almost impossible to do anything!

Labels (1)
Re: Unlimited speed super slow
Balthial
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far it's taken me 2 days to download a 10gb game and it's still only 7gb into it! That's ridiculously slow!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

unlimited is a data plan, the network will provide 5-12mbps.

i suggest both of you tie in with an isp, get a router for wi-fi.

Balthial
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm aware it's a data plan, I have it. That's not the speeds I'm getting with my phone even when it's not a hotspot, so that comment was not relevant? I'm getting 0.08 mbps right now and at best 1.2 mbps?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Prepaid unlimited plan is subject to speed fluctuations at times of network congestion. Hotspot Data is limited to 600 Kbps. You can look into some of the more common causes of slower data here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phones-and-devices/troubleshooting/ .

MatthewG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Data speeds on Unlimited plans are subject to fluctuations based upon network loads/congestion. Subscribers of capped data plans are less likely to be affected.

Bearone's suggestion to go with an ISP and utilize WiFi is, probably, your best bet.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Hotspot isn't even allowed on prepaid anymore. Even when it was it was a MAX of 600 kbps. Also prepaid plans are subject to deprioritization at all times. Which means if your tower is congested you get put to the back of the line. Mobile isn't meant as home internet replacement

34dj

I just purchased the unthrottled, unlimited prepaid data plan. I had almost 20mbps! I was thrilled, only to find the speed drop to .08mbps and less! This speed fluctuates awful. It changes 24hrs a day. Don't tell me that 20 can drop to that low without Verizon being responsible for it. I've read about the "disconnect bug" and I want it fixed! I borrow a hotspot from our library that uses t Mobile and it rarely drops below 5 and that's with several devices on it. This is free and unlimited! I expected Verizon to be better since its the dominant carrier in my area. My Verizon store couldn't even get more than a half of meg. Told me prioritization should not apply in This area as we are not "congested" and I had this plan less than 3 days and barely have even hit 1 gig of data usage. This is garbage! $70! AND I have another prepaid phone account and a postpay with 3 phones. Fix it or I'm switching everything and will spread this garbage about your service to everyone I meet! Not to mention 2hrs on support waiting only to be disconnected! 😞

0 Likes