Re: Unlimited Data
Not applicable

Unlimited data is not protected by your contract.  Verizon can discontinue it for all of us tomorrow.  I think it's moot, because Verizon would not pull the rug out from under us like that, but they could.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data
NCGirlie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Unlimited Data Plan as well, and 3 cells, all of which are included on this plan. Verizon had a seperate contract details for each cell, even though they were still all the same plan, only thing is everytime a phone broke or had a problem, the 2 years would begin again... I am finally contract free as far as they are concerned, and months before my contracts were ending I received a lot of offers to "Upgrade" but the price of that "Upgrade(s)" included taking away my old plan, with Unlimited Data and replacing it with a more costly one, the "Share All" plan. I chose not to upgrade and when I asked to replace my Alltel Razor so I could continue to receive services I pay for, I was told that I would have to change my plan, or pay full price for a replacement phone, because they have disallowed Alltel devices from using the Verizon Network! My Blackberry Torch has also had problems, and a nice customer representative sent me a new one, but I have now been informed that I have to give them my Torch which I paid for, full price??(I was not told this by the first rep) The customer representatives I called to discuss both issues with, kept pushing these new plans, and are charging me forthe one replacement phone at full retail price! I think I will just return the new phone, and look elsewhere as nobody care to be helpful, or provide a cell at cost because my Altell is not fully functional. I think that Verizon should appreciate their loyal customers; I have been a customer since 2004, maybe even rewards us like other cell phone companies do? I investigated if what I was told by customer representatives is in fact true..I even have read my old contract and guess what? Verizon should stand behind their old policies and contracts. Unfortunately, the norm is that nobody will listen,and are always pushing the sell, instead of providing good descent customer satisfaction... It is a shame that Verizon has changed so much since I first came aboard as an Alltel customer, that decided to stay with the newly merged company. It seems the longer you are allied with this company, the less service and customer care one receives. So sorry I got off topic. Smiley Happy