Unintentionally calling people on the Eris
supernova
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love my Eris, but it seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to making calls. It's likely something I'm doing wrong, but I looked at the manual and I didn't see anything that would help me correct the problem.

Practically anytime I open  'Phone', I wind up calling someone unintentionally. Just now, I went in to delete my call history, thinking that would at least help minimize the problem, and it called someone on the list- without me touching anything in the call history portion of the screen. This has happened many times now and I don't know how to get around it. I even had it call someone when I was driving one day- I had just looked at my phone and the unlocked phone somehow made it to the phone screen and started dialing. Now I know to lock my phone when I'm done using it, but that still doesn't help me when I go to actually use the phone and it dials someone I had no intention of calling.

Is anyone else having this problem? Again, I'm sure there is something I could do to make it stop happening, but other than not using the actual phone feature, I can't seem to figure out what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unintentionally calling people on the Eris
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

There may be a problem with dialer on your phone that is the cause of this issue. Sometimes if the voice dialer has a malfunction, something as simple has saying someone's name or even a phrase can trigger the dialer to call out. Try a soft reset by removing the battery for 1 to 2 minutes at a time and see if that eliminates this issue, if it does not  you may need a replacement.

0 Likes
jonvia

I have this issue once in awhile. Usually it's when I get impatient and touch phone at the bottom of the home screen and it does not come up right away so I touch it a couple of times. Then when it finally comes up it will dial the first person on my call history because it registers the touch at the bottom of the screen and will push the call button but appear like it is doing it on its own. May not be what is going on just thought I would tell you what Ive experienced.

0 Likes
vrcampbell

I think this is a major downside to this phone.  Almost every time I scroll though my contacts, one of them gets dialed by mistake.  I wish there was an option so a pop up comes up saying: "Call Joe  Yes/Cancel", before it calls.  Or, maybe have it work like the email list, where I have to hold my finger on the message about 2 seconds before the option menu comes up.  Because of this very correctable "flaw", I would not recommend this phone to anyone.

0 Likes
vrcampbell

I discovered a "trick", so I quit calling people by accident.  Immediately when I get into the phone app, I select menu --> people.  I can scroll through the names without the fear of calling any of them by mistake, and when I really do want to call them, it requires two presses on the screen to do so.

0 Likes