Unfortunately Homescreen has stopped
st_bobo

My phone just updated this morning, I don't know if it was a verizon update or an android update. Once it restarted, I am getting the message, 'Unfortunately, Homescreen has stopped.' When I click the 'OK' button, homescreen restarts and the massage immediately pops up again. This loop is continuous. I tried restarting in Safe Mode and the same thing occurs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unfortunately Homescreen has stopped
Monual
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem, too, until I disabled LastPass's service under Accessibility.  The LastPass app works fine, but the Accessibility feature causes Homescreen to stop working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ScreenName2014

I had the same problem, tried Safe mode, that didn't help.  I was able to swipe right  (during the second that the Homescreen was running) into Settings, then from there to 'Go to All settings' at the bottom and from there to Apps, where I proceeded to junk all sorts of apps I don't use anymore (LastPass was the most recently installed, but I junked quite a few) and after that my phone was fine.   So either simply removing a single App caused something to reset or I managed to nuke the offending app.

Also, just after my install was loaded I received some message about my "SID not matching" (??) with the single option of "I feel lucky" - don't know if that was related at all.

HTH,

James

0 Likes
Monual
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem, too, until I disabled LastPass's service under Accessibility.  The LastPass app works fine, but the Accessibility feature causes Homescreen to stop working.

0 Likes
Anatoly

You can also go into Edit App Associations in the LastPass app, and set "do not show fill window" for the Homescreen app. See:

https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134885&p=494655#p494655

0 Likes