Unable to sync your email message, Please help!
sesnew

I am unable to delete and re-enable my email for aol.  I get the message unable to sync your email for the following account(s) Please select an account and enter your password.  Once I do that, I get the Warning!!! For security reasons, adding new account will remove existing email accounts on this phone.  At that point it will not let me do anything else.  When going into the email itself it shows me the last emails that I received (3/28 when this issue started) and it will let me select them for deletion but the delete function will not work.  When it tells me it is refreshing it tells me unable to connect to server.  Please help as nothing is working.  I tried to delete the account and start over and that is not working either

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to sync your email message, Please help!
Not applicable

You are using the native email app from verizon that was loaded on the phone? Get rid of it.

Go to google play store and download the stand alone app for Aim or Aol Mail.

It needs only your email address and password to set it up and it woks perfectly.

The native app for emails that came on your phone is not that good. Try and always use the app made by the email service you use. Aim or aol or ymail, or hotmail/outlook mail.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an exchange email account also on the phone?  That error almost sounds like it could be associated with a device administrator sometimes used with exchange accounts with security policies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sesnew

Hi Ann, I have a gmail account but it has never affected the AOL before.  It appears my phone had some type of download from verizon and ever since then I keep getting this issue.  I can't even delete the AOL and completely get rid of it at this point.  I may have to go to the verizon store to have someone look at it

0 Likes
sesnew

Hi Elector,

The AOL Mail app is not appearing in my play store. See below for additional details and thoughts.  Thank you for your response

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi this attach photo will show what you need. look for AIM in the play store. Also GMail and others are available as a stand alone email. which works much better than the native crappy app. from Verizon Hope it turns out ok for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sesnew!

I am sorry to see that you are not able to access your AOL account. I check my email constantly and I can only imagine how inconvenient that is. I want to explore options to resolve this issue but I am not sure what phone model you have. Please post your phone model and software version and I'll be happy to do some research and post options to resolve.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
sesnew

I have a Samsung Illusion SCH-I110.GA1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming your model sesnew. Did you try removing your battery since the update? Will it let you add a different email, other than the AOL one you are having difficulties with? If so, did you keep your apps during the update? It may be app conflict with the new OS. I have included instructions below on adding a personal e-mail.

http://tiny.cc/nvqoyw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes