Unable to select Picture Source after hard reset of Droid Pro
Woody113

After doing a hard reset on my Droid Pro, I noticed that I can no longer choose the picture source for my contacts.  I originally did this by going into My Accounts, pressing the Menu hard key and selecting Picture Source.  But after my recent hard reset, the only option I have when I press the Menu key in My Accounts is "Add Account".   

Why do I no longer have the option to select Picture Source, and how can I correct this?

Any assistance is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to select Picture Source after hard reset of Droid Pro
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

When you have selected a Picture source such as Facebook/Twitter, the picture they have on that social network will always represent that contact and cannot be overridden with a photo you have chosen. This behavior will be modified in a future software release, which may be the reason your experiencing issues. You can try removing your social network accounts and re-adding them.

To set up the picture source Open Applications tray, select My Accounts 

1. Your established accounts will be listed.
  2. Press Menu hard key. Select Picture source.
  3. Your social networking accounts such as Facebook, MySpace or Twitter will be listed as choices for source of pictures. Posted profile pictures from members of your contact list will be used. Select a social network to use as Picture source.  Press Ok.

Open Applications tray, select My Accounts application  

1. Any accounts you have previously set-up will be listed.
  2. Select Add Account
  3. You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons. 
  4.  Select any account: Email, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Photobucket, Corporate Sync, Skype, LinkedIn
  5. If adding an account for the first time, you will need to accept a Terms and Conditions page for Motorola Mobile Services which will aggregate all your email and social networking accounts.

If you continue to have issues, we will need to speak with you to trouble shoot further. 

0 Likes
Woody113

Thank you for your answer, KingquanaH.  Unfortunately, when I press the MENU key in "My Accounts" the only option I have is "ADD ACCOUNT".   I do not have 'PICTURE SOURCE'.

However, I did notice something peculiar yesterday. My friend and I were comparing the facebook settings on our phones. She has the original Droid and I have Droid Pro. We both have Facebook Version 1.5.4. When she presses the MENU key in her Facebook app, then selects SETTINGS, she has "SYNC CONTACTS" under OTHER SETTINGS. Mine is exactly the same, except I have nothing under OTHER SETTINGS. OTHER SETTINGS is at the very bottom of my screen. It is as if I am unable to scroll past it, or it is the end of the menu. I have uninstalled and re-installed facebook, and still have nothing under OTHER SETTINGS. Could it be a glitch with this version of facebook with Droid Pro, or do I maybe have some other setting wrong?

0 Likes
DoubleA2431

Let me guess, Einstien that obviously didn't read your post fully never responded again?? Well, did you ever figure it out? I am having the exact same problem. I hate this phone after only having it for 2 days and want a replacement!

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

DoubleA2431 wrote:

Let me guess, Einstien that obviously didn't read your post fully never responded again?? Well, did you ever figure it out? I am having the exact same problem. I hate this phone after only having it for 2 days and want a replacement!

Hi DoubleA2431,

Did you try the troubleshooting steps provided by previous representative?

Did you also perform a hard reset (factory reset) as the original poster?

If you have tried the above and you continue to have issues with your phone we'll have to troubleshoot your device by phone. If you want me to personally troubleshoot your phone please complete an account verification form at this LINK and send me a PM when completed. I will verify account and call you to further assist you.

You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 at your convenience for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday. Please have your phone fully charged and available for troubleshooting when you call us.

Additionally, you can contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.

Since you're still within the 14 day Worry Free Guarantee period you also have the option to exchange your phone for a different model if not completely satisfied with your Droid Pro. A $35.00 restocking fee applies.

0 Likes