Unable to pair old bluetooth with new Droid4
circulating
Enthusiast - Level 2

My previous Droid died and I just replaced it.  I am unable to pair my Platonic M100 to it.  New Droid4 can't find the bluetooth.  I've tried plugging in the Platonic to the computer and resetting it - no luck.  Can anyone help?

Sherry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to pair old bluetooth with new Droid4
winnersmw
Contributor - Level 1

Have you determined whether it's a problem with the phone or the headset? Try connecting another bluetooth device—preferably a similar headset—to the phone to make sure that the phone's bluetooth radios are functioning. Also try connecting the Plantronic (I'm assuming that was just a spelling mistake in your OP ) headset to another phone as well, to make sure it is still functioning properly.

0 Likes
circulating
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi winnersmw,

Unfortunately, I don't have another blue tooth or phone to try this with.  The "dork ear" (my preferred title for the device) was less than a year old - a replacement for the one I lost.  I'm guessing I have to just suck it up and buy another "dork ear" so I can look like an idiot talking to myself.

Thanks for the idea.

Sherry

0 Likes
winnersmw
Contributor - Level 1

Haha, dork ear indeed if it is broken. Hopefully it's just a problem with the Bluetooth device and not the phone then. Good luck!

0 Likes
circulating
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  Found the factory reset for the dork ear (duh!) and then was able to sync up with the new phone.