Unable to get Basic visual voicemail over wifi
wtapple
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the visual basic voicemail (free one after the trial) and it works well except that I have to turn off wifi to get my list of voicemail. I get the notifications just fine but then when I start the app the wheel just turns for a while and then it gives the error code 9004 message. When I turn off wifi it works fine. Is there anything I can change or is this just something I have to live with?

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to get Basic visual voicemail over wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This voice-mail issue does sounds troubling and we certainly wouldn’t want you to deal with it for much longer wtapple.  You should not have to connect to wifi to ensure that your phone connects to our your voice-mail and the code presented is letting us know there is an issue with network connectivity. What type of phone do you have? Have you always had this issue? Please send us your area zip code to review area.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wtapple
Enthusiast - Level 1

My zip is 27244

My phone is an LG G2  VS980 4G LTE

OS is Android 5.0.2

App is Basic Visual Voice Mail  v.3.11.16.2

You misunderstood my problem. I don't have to connect to wifi get voice mail. I must disconnect from wifi to make it work.

I think this has been a problem since I started using the app which I think was when the operating system upgraded and the app installed.

hetheryh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having exactly the same issue, and have been for months. Plus, people are now telling me that my phone tells them it is not able to accept their calls now. Please help.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The visual voicemail application requires a cellular data connection to verify itself to the network before retrieving any messages to be sent to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hetheryh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sorry, I am having trouble with just regular voice mail - not visual voicemail! The issue I am having is twofold. One - I cannot get regular voicemail unless I disconnect from my home wifi. Two - when someone calls, at times it tells them my phone is not able to accept their calls.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic non-visual voicemail doesn't use an application or require a data connection to access the voicemail system. Which phone model do you have? What happens when you dial *86 to access your voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hetheryh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have phone VS980 4G LTE hardware version 1.0, android version 5.0.2, build LRX22G. I am able to get all my old messages either by dialing *86, or by clicking on my voicemail app, and then seeing the 7 message. However, now at times when someone calls me it tells them my phone is not able to accept their calls.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use the application to access your voicemail then you have at least the basic visual voicemail feature. You are required to use the cellular data connection to access the VZW server. It wouldn't work on wifi.

If you have 7 messages in the system, could it be full? The basic visual voicemail holds 20 messages or 3 minutes worth of messages whichever it used first.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

#3 under using visual voicemail Visual Voice Mail FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes