Unable to finish boot or turn off Droid 4 (during update)
Kirgen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recived a notification of OTA update yesterday and though it failed a couple times (at about 25%) I decided to work on why it was failing today. Downloaded the update again and hit the restart now button. Phone flashed the text screen that is there with power+volume then went to the motorola dual core technology flash screen  and has been stuck there for about 2 hours.

Unable to hold power or power and volume up or down keys to gain a response in any way. How can I turn my phone off to try and reboot it?  (do not have a torx of the tiny size needed to remove the battery)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to finish boot or turn off Droid 4 (during update)
Kirgen
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Unable to hold power or power and volume up or down keys to gain a response in any way."   Phone is fixed now anyways. Waited for 12ish hours for the battery to die (screen stayed on the entire time.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery is non removable.

Hold the power button and volume down button together for thirty seconds to force the phone to shutdown.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kirgen
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Unable to hold power or power and volume up or down keys to gain a response in any way."   Phone is fixed now anyways. Waited for 12ish hours for the battery to die (screen stayed on the entire time.)

0 Likes