Unable to delete a contact
vzw-mrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Kyocera Hydro ELITE phone.  This is a new phone and account (even new google account) for first time smart phone use.  The issue I have is that most of the "default" contacts that Verizon supplies are duplicated in the contact list.  Entries like #DATA or VoiceMail.  I would like to delete or "merge" the duplicates.  However I am unable to do so and get the error "Cannot edit default entry" for every duplicated entry.   Can I delete the Verizon short code contacts from this phone?

Thanks

--

Matthew

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to delete a contact
vzw-mrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is solved.

I tried deleting the contact using Backup Assistant but it did not help.

It turned out the cache in the contact app on the phone was corrupt.  Clearing the cache and allowing it to rebuild was the solution.

--

Matthew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello vzw-mrd,

Congrats on getting the new Kyocera Hydro ELITE! This is a smartphone that is SURE to impress. I want to help you get the most out of your device and your service. May I ask are you using Backup Assistant Plus or your Gmail account to archive your contacts? If you are using Backup Assistant Plus then you can log into the website and delete any duplicates. This will sync to your device, making it super easy and convenient. If you are using your Gmail then please advise so I can share the steps as well.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw-mrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is solved.

I tried deleting the contact using Backup Assistant but it did not help.

It turned out the cache in the contact app on the phone was corrupt.  Clearing the cache and allowing it to rebuild was the solution.

--

Matthew

0 Likes