Unable to call via messenger without wifi
zmeitzler

Hello, so I do not know if this is a messenger problem or a Verizon issue, however I cannot make any calls on messenger without Wi-Fi, I can text with data, but I cannot call, it will connect but I will hear no talking, then after a little it goes back to connecting and never connects. Is there a solution for this? or will my phone be cursed like this until I buy a new one.

I have a 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7

0 Likes
Re: Unable to call via messenger without wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, zmeitzler. Help is here! We would be happy to get to the root cause of this issue, so you are able to make calls on messenger. To clarify, are you having issues making other calls on your device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@zmeitzler wrote:

Hello, so I do not know if this is a messenger problem or a Verizon issue, however I cannot make any calls on messenger without Wi-Fi, I can text with data, but I cannot call, it will connect but I will hear no talking, then after a little it goes back to connecting and never connects. Is there a solution for this? or will my phone be cursed like this until I buy a new one.

I have a 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7

In case you meant Verizon Message+,  I have a moto z4 and just tested making a call with WiFi turned OFF.  The Message+ call using the cell network worked fine.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
zmeitzler

Sorry been busy, I am able to make calls on snapchat, Regular calls, and other services, but when i call via messenger, it connects, shows its on, but i hear nobody and it goes back to connecting, and its only on my end

0 Likes
zmeitzler

facebook messenger, not verizon message thingy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zmeitzler, 

Thanks for confirming! Are you able to make regular calls on your device? The issue may be related to Facebook Messenger, rather than network related. Do you get any kind of error message indicating more details about the problem by any chance? 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes