Unable to Use Local SIMs Overseas
jca1234

I bought two local SIMs in two different countries and I've tried them on two different Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3s.  Both kept giving me the "Non Verizon SIM" message and were unusable, even for voice.  The first one I was able to use with a different unlocked Samsung device.  What can I do to try to get this to work?  I suspect that this is more of a Verizon issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Unable to Use Local SIMs Overseas
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Do you have it in global mode?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Use Local SIMs Overseas
jca1234

Yes I tried it in Global Mode and GSM mode.  I've tried searching for networks automatically and manually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jca1234 ,

I hope all is well on your travels.  I am sad to hear that you are having problems with using a local sim there.  Have you tried powering the phone off and on with the new sim card in the phone?  This should help register the sim card.  If you are still having problems, please call Global Support from your VZW phone by dialing (908) 559-4899. I am sure all will work out for you.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jca1234,

Oh no! I know how important it is to have a properly working device while traveling. Let's get this fixed. Make sure the sim card tray is clean of any debris. Place the sim card correctly into the device http://vz.to/1eb7qYe . What software version is the device on? Settings>about phone>build number. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jca1234

Bobby,

I did try powering it off and called that number.  They weren't able to help me.

0 Likes
jca1234

Pamela,

I'm using Android version 4.1.2

Build number: JZO54K.I535VRBMF1

It's a new SIM and free of debris.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I do not know if it is required still with global phones, but did you have VZW activate global services on the device prior to going over seas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information jca1234. If you are still having issues please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your name, mobile number and account verification. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes