Re: UNLIMITED DATA PLANS ARE GOING AWAY COMPLETELY
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Sprint is slow for now cause they just started rolling out LTE service, before that it was just 3G. In my area there 3G is just as good as ATT's and Verizon's.

mykaelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am done with Verizon.  We will not be upgrading our phones.  It already costs our family $180 a month for two smart phones, with a State discount.  Arrogant CEO can get bent.  Apparently he did not read the Netflix saga.  Slow software updates, 4g outages, constant nickle and diming, new upgrade fees!  Adios Verizon!

Jamy71

I am almost with this leaving VZ myself. I had my phone stolen this morning. I call customer service suspend my service via VIOP when I got home. I contacted Asurion (insurance company for our phones) and they told that to replace my phone (not out of stock) would be $99.99. I got upset with them and said "heck for 149.99 + tax... I could just get a brand new one". I talked again with customer service. Not once did she say anything about the $30 upgrade fee... I had her on the phone for over 1 hour. We even talked that I did not want to wait for a new phone to be sent to I asked if I could go directly to a store to pick it up. SURE she said ........ and still no mention about the fee. I arrive at the store to grab the phone and the guy then told me about the fee and said it went into effect 4/22/12. I asked what he was talking about... customer service said nothing about it. WHERE/WHEN was the email to customers stating the fee being instituted??? I was frustrated so I left the store and returned home to see if there were others. Then as if to receive another SLAP across the face, I read the article eliminating my unlimited data plan (btw the guy at the store and customer service both assured me that if I upgraded the phone I was still grandfathered into it). I am almost at wits end.

$100 insurance now VS. $225 new phone upgrade now VS. MORE $$$$$$ because of another change (not of my choosing) within 2 months????

0 Likes
alfonsca
Enthusiast - Level 1

I saw this on android central and just finished listening to the VZW teleconference announcing this. I have been a loyal VZW customer for 16+ years. I have 2 cell phone lines and 3 FiOS home services. I stayed BECAUSE of the grandfathered data plan.  Since it's going away, so will I and my $$$$$. From posts on several sites, VZW will LOSE many customers because of this "bottom-line" centric decision, so it is fitting and appropriate that it negatively affect VZW's bottom line! Adìos BigRed.

0 Likes
bluesamg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thats your fault, you should have asked for the total

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Interesting indeed. Thanks for posting it, B33. Can't wait to hear what the cost and limits are for the new data share plan.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I'm so mad you can boil an egg on my head, this is a slap in the face for customer loyalty.  We all know how money hungry Verizon is, and not only does this go above and beyond it It.  It just insults every customer that has spent money on this company.  I'm letting my wallet do the talking for me. and as soon as my contract expires I am done.  Since other companies are coming out with LTE on their own its not a loss to not have it from Verizon.

B33
Legend

Your Welcome Sydney i Just hate that it has to be News like This:  After the $30.00 Dollar Splash of Tabasco we all Got in the Face as Customers they're Now trying to Shove the Habanero Down our Throats before we had a Chance to Recover... I figured this though or something like it. But there pushing the 4G hard an they want the Money For it. So if we all want a piece of this Hot Pepper were going have to Swallow it Hard..or Move on..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jamy71 wrote:

I am almost with this leaving VZ myself. I had my phone stolen this morning. I call customer service suspend my service via VIOP when I got home. I contacted Asurion (insurance company for our phones) and they told that to replace my phone (not out of stock) would be $99.99. I got upset with them Do you also get upset with your car insurance when they make you pay your deductible? Don't get the insurance if you are not happy with their fees/deductibles, I don't.

0 Likes
jackooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a long time Verizon customer and is BS for Verizon to pull unlimited data plan.  I will be changing to Sprint as soon as my contract is up and for $55 per month for unlimited everything.   So long Verizon.....