Re: Typing notifications not working
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

One thing could be is one of you may be getting a bad signal or on a tower that is not a roaming network of Verizon that will not let you see when they are typing a message I believe. Try both of you be connected to the same source and see if it still does not show when they are typing that would be the best way to trouble shoot it. Be connected to the same wifi and have the same signal on your phone like being right in front of each other and see if it works. If it does it could be signal related and if does not work then it is device related. That is my opinion.

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're sitting right in front of each other now, and it's not working. I just doubled checked, we're both on 6.1.1, and we both have the feature enabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LenniePaz

This is a very fun feature to have enabled. Does your friend see this happening with other users? Or does is only happen with his/her prepay phone and your post-pay phone?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

You can try disabling the application and then enable it. That will reset its settings. Always take a backup before doing such.

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point, I've just given up. It must have something to do with her phone being a prepaid phone. That's the only difference between the two of us. We're both on Android, both on Verizon Wireless, and are both using the same version of Messages +

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Bummer. I did a search online and poked around but couldn't find anyone with similar issues. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. If you do figure it out please post in here as it might help others with similar issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the information about her phone being prepaid, LenniePaz. nicholas_g has been a great help walking you through all the options, and we've got the best path to take it from here. It's possible the Verizon Messages feature isn't set up on her line. While our team in Community Forums doesn't have access to prepaid accounts, we do have two points of contact for them. They can be reached at 888-294-6804 or by logging into her My Verizon account, clicking Contact Us, then Chat.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes