Turning phone back on
crmsntydegal

I just powered off my phone and now I can't get it to turn back on.  Is there a trick to this?  Really irritated..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Turning phone back on
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
k988feline
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is a Droid 4, I currently cannot get my phone to power up or down, it has a black screen and a flashing green dot in the upper left corner. Before the black screen, the phone kept cycling through the power up steps (*vibrate-show Motorola logo-show the Droid red light-say Droid-repeat*) and I can't get it to shut down or power up. I have tried holding the power button, the power button with the volume down button (this was the last solution I received), the power button with the volume up button (last time it worked with the power down button), and finally the power button and both volume buttons. That little annoying green light just keeps flashing. I really wish this model would have come with a removable battery, then it would be case solved.

This is the first Motorola that I have owned that has given me any problems (so I chose not to buy the insurance this time Smiley Sad). This one has me frustrated. These things started in July and have gotten progressively worse. I am not eligible for a phone upgrade until 12/2013, so any help to get me up and running again will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi crmsntydegal. It sounds like k988feline suggested and tried every trick I would normally have up my sleeve. With no removable battery, that's not an option. And since the phone is blinking the green light, I know there's power and the phone is most likely charged. The button presses you've mentioned will generally either force the phone to reboot or bring up a reset screen. If either of you are still experiencing trouble with your device, you can follow me and send me a direct message with your name, mobile number, and a number I can reach you at and we can get you a working phone in your hands as quick as possible.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

saturngirl

I am having this same problme. It just started today.

Following the advice here, I could turn it on via power+volume button BUT I could not turn it off, so it times out, draining the battery.

I have only had the phone since August. Can I get a replacement?

0 Likes