Trying to figure out which phone to by.... the Motorola Droid or the Motorola Devour
robnwho

Can you upload pics to Facebook with the Motorola Droid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to figure out which phone to by.... the Motorola Droid or the Motorola Devour
cthunder067
Contributor - Level 1

robnwho wrote:

Yes you can. But since you are considering the Droid or Devour, I would throw in the LG Ally. The Ally comes with 2.1 Android OS  and has a much better kybd.  I would compare the Ally and Devour and see which one better fits your need. Oh and all 3 can upload pics to Facebook.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to figure out which phone to by.... the Motorola Droid or the Motorola Devour
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Motorola Devour is a low-end Android phone. I would go with the Motorola Droid. Not just because it's a high-end Android phone or because I have it. But even though it's been around for quite a while now, it's still selling well. The Droid is also expected to get the update to 2.2, which I think it's unlikely that the Devour will. Or if the Devour does get it, it will be a much longer wait.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

cthunder067 wrote:

robnwho wrote:

Yes you can. But since you are considering the Droid or Devour, I would throw in the LG Ally. The Ally comes with 2.1 Android OS  and has a much better kybd.  I would compare the Ally and Devour and see which one better fits your need. Oh and all 3 can upload pics to Facebook.

I would throw my vote that way as well.  Faster processor than the Motorola Droid at the price of a lower end phone.  Also I have traditionally had better luck with LG phones than I have had with Motorola.  Even with all the complaints of call quality issues with the Droid it is still better than any other Motorola phone I have had on either CDMA network.  Which, I might add, is not saying much.  LG phones have been great to me with very few exceptions.  If I had been given an option of an LG phone or a Samsung phone with Android on it when I got my Motorola Droid I might still have it today.  I am hoping for a good Samsung Android phone when I am up for upgrade again.  For now I am loving my Incredible.  Which I would look at over the Motorola Droid any time. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if price is a big factor then i'd check out the ally also. if not, then i'd suggest you go into a store and play around with all of them, including the incredible. you prolly wont be disappointed in any. i actually went to get the moto droid (because i fell in love with my friend's) but then waited a week for the incredible, and got it instead. love it.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Add another vote for the Motorola Droid :smileyhappy:  A good friend of mine has the phone. Actually upgraded to it from the Env Touch.Loves the phone!

0 Likes
porcelain4

I'm also going with the Motorola Droid here.

It seems the Incredible has had a lot of issues, although I know all phones do. But the phones with SenseUI and Motoblur will usually take longer to get their updates, I think. The phone manufacturers have to make sure updates are compatible with those interfaces. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me on this, but oh well. I read about it on Droid Life a while back.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/26/will-the-droid-incredible-ever-see-2-2-other-updates/

Plus, check this out:

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/10/motorola-droid-takes-down-nexus-one-evo-incredible-in-graphics-...

0 Likes