Highlighted

Tried to send a text, received this message: you have been blocked from originating messages to (insert phone number)

Help! I can text other people, but can't text one specific person. Had trouble texting the number last night, tried several times, kept saying "Not sent. Tap to try again". Kept getting the same message.

Tried to text this morning and received this message: "you have been blocked from originating messages to (insert phone number)."

It's not someone that would block me. Any clue what might be going on? I texted other friends without a problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Tried to send a text, received this message: you have been blocked from originating messages to

Community Manager
Community Manager

I use my text messages to stay connected daily and want to ensure you can rely on your text messages as well, nibur. The message you are receiving sounds like you may be blocked from messaging that specific number. Are you able to call this number? Is this number able to text you? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Tried to send a text, received this message: you have been blocked from originating messages to (insert phone number)

@nibur wrote:

Help! I can text other people, but can't text one specific person. Had trouble texting the number last night, tried several times, kept saying "Not sent. Tap to try again". Kept getting the same message.

Tried to text this morning and received this message: "you have been blocked from originating messages to (insert phone number)."

It's not someone that would block me. Any clue what might be going on? I texted other friends without a problem.

Did you check with the person who you cannot text?  Could be they inadvertently 'blocked' your number.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes