Traveling, and "Control Lock"?
kimsh9104

I recently came to Korea to visit my family for the summer.

I brought my galaxy s4(service started last july, recently got a new device b/c the old one was broken[warranty covered]) to Korea thinking replacing USIM card would allow me to use the same device in Korea.

When I went to the retail store here, they informed me that companies usually set the "control lock" in the phones to prevent it from theft, so I was not able to buy a new USIM card to put in my device

They told me that I will need to ask the initial service provider to remove the 'control lock'

I have been trying to approach Verizon through Live Chat feature and through other means, but it seems that Live Chat never goes live and there are no emails I can contact through.

And I am reluctant to use international calling to solve this issue because they usually put me on hold for half an hour, and that will cost a lot.

Does any of you know how to solve this problem?

I hear Iphones have about a year control lock and it automatically unlocks...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Traveling, and "Control Lock"?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly hope you're enjoying your time in Korea! I'd love to help look into your concern with you. Is the device presenting a message "control lock" or is it the store representatives advising of the issue? Verizon Wireless LTE devices are unlocked and ready to go for international use.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes