Transferring files to the SD card, getting weird files included
leejay99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an LG Spectrum and I am trying to transfer files, primarily music, to my SD card.  First, I unmount the card and format it.  Then, I connect the phone via the USB cable, use My Computer and transfer the files to the card.  When I check the folder before I disconnect it, the files are all there.  I disconnect and have all kinds of trouble playing my music.  I have a file manager program and when I look at the folder, there are some incredibly weird files and folders in my music folder.  The names of the files/folders are in some foreign language that I have never seen before.  I can unmount the card, format it, put it in the card reader on my computer, transfer the files as before and I get the same file issues after I disconnect.

I went to my local Verizon store, talked to one of the salesmen and he suggested using DoubleTwist.  I used that to synch with my iTunes, I used to have an iPhone, and my playlist synched and it worked fine, for a day or 2.  Then I started getting DoubleTwist database errors on my phone, telling me to connect and synch to fix the error.  I would connect and some of my music would disappear.

When I look at the folders on my phone, I have noticed those same weird files/folders were in the LOST.DIR folder, also.  I am really frustrated and don't want to go back to the iPhone, too small of a screen.  I don't know if it is a phone issue, an SD card issue or if I am an idiot.  If anyone has any suggestions or fixes, I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Lee

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Transferring files to the SD card, getting weird files included
leejay99
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE: I just unmounted the card and formatted it, AGAIN.  I plugged it into my laptop, did nothing to it other than plugging it in and unplugging it.  I went into my file manager and found some of my music, back into a Music folder on the SD card, that I didn't create.  Where is that music coming from?  LOL

Please help!!!

0 Likes