Transferring data
PappaSmurf

I just adopted a new Droid. I want to transfer files from my hard drive to the droid but can't figure out how to do it. When I connect the usb cable my hard drive it doesn't recognize the droid. What's strange, though, is pix from the droid transfer to the computer without a prompt, but I can't transfer the other way. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring data
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

PappaSmurf wrote:

I just adopted a new Droid. I want to transfer files from my hard drive to the droid but can't figure out how to do it. When I connect the usb cable my hard drive it doesn't recognize the droid. What's strange, though, is pix from the droid transfer to the computer without a prompt, but I can't transfer the other way. Help?

when you connect your doid, i assume you meant Motorola Droid, you should hear your wonderful piece of fine craftsmanship, say "DRRRROOOOIDDDD"

when it says that you pull down the notification bar at the top and you will notice an alert that says "USB Connected"

tap on that and then click on "Mount". in a second or so a window should pop on your pc screen "Auto Play", just close that.

access your windows explorer and if you look under your "Computer" directory, you should see Drive F:.  that is your Droid.  now all you have to do is drag and drop what ever files you want.

to unmount you droid from your pc, just reverse everything.  pull down the notification bar, click on "turn off usb storage", click on "turn off", wait 5 seconds and then unplug your droid from your pc

0 Likes
Re: Transferring data
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3

They don't do a great job in the instructions telling you how to mount the phone. Plugging the phone into the computer will only charge the phone, you need to pull down and "mount" as Will described. I added movie and rom folders after all was said and done, the phone had no issues with these.

0 Likes