Took phone update and now can't turn down volume all the way?
Patriot58

I took the latest phone system software update, and now when I turn down the volume (using the volume button on the side) the lowest it will go is vibrate instead of off.  This is annoying, because I sometimes like to turn it all the way down in meetings or when I sleep at night, but it vibrates on incoming calls or corporate e-mail notifications.

Why did you guys do away with the fully-minimized volume choice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Took phone update and now can't turn down volume all the way?
budone
Legend

Vibrate is the lowest setting. Once there, try turning UP the volume one notch. If that does not work, check the app market for,"Silent Time Lite".

0 Likes
Patriot58

So what you're telling me is now I have to download an app to do what the phone once did on its own? DISLIKE

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Patriot58 wrote:

So what you're telling me is now I have to download an app to do what the phone once did on its own? DISLIKE

Read the first part of my post. At least on my phone vibrate is the lowest setting. Once there, turn up the volume one notch,  when I do that, my phone goes to total silent.

As for the app, it is nice as you can choose times for a silent phone and add exceptions for particular people, who will still ring through.

Also, not knowing WHICH phone you have, you may have a silence option when you hold down the power button.

0 Likes
Patriot58

Budone,

Thanks for your suggestions and tips.

The Motorola Droid, under the original software load, allowed you to turn down volume (in some number of steps), down to Vibrate, and then finally all the way Off.  The only sound it would make would be if you set an alarm clock.

With the new load, turning it down to vibrate and then back up does not go to mute.  It just goes to a low volume setting, which in a quiet sleeping environment, is still very audible.

The "Silent Mode" available when pressing the power button should be more appropriately named "Vibrate Mode."  It appears that there is no longer a true "silent" mode under the Droid O/S.

I looked at a number of apps, but they all seem to be based on a timer setting, i.e.  I don't have a regular sleep schedule, so I'd have to set the times differently each day.

Why did Verizon (or is it Google?) have to break something that didn't need fixing?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Mmmmmm I have the HTC Incredible and just that one step up silences the phone without vibration.

Also you may want to post your question  here. That one is strictly for the moto Droid. You may find more help there.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Patriot58

Thanks!  I'll give that a shot.

0 Likes