Told I've been "SMished"
LesleyAnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I receiving texts from addresses like "6617235@vtext.com."  It said, "Happy New Year............... send your yahoo accnt. number to "@??'$D@yah"  I found the website, "about.tech," that recommended enabling a feature that will "block texts from the internet," if it's available from your cell provider.  Has anyone encountered anything like this?  I don't see that Vzn offers this feature for my RAZR M.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Told I've been "SMished"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block text messages from the Internet through your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block text messages from the Internet through your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

LesleyAnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  You've validated the procedure that I thought would apply.  I was just hoping I could block ALL messages from the internet, by enabling one, specific feature that you could set to "on", similar to setting wifi on or off.  I have since read up on the fraud issues found in 'vtext' messages, on Verizon FAQ .  It advises the same solution you've recommended.

0 Likes
LesleyAnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried to block the texts I've been receiving and got the message "please enter a 10 digit phone number."  The texts I've been receiving are:  vtext.com (who inserted 'itself' into messages to and from a relative with the message: "Bummer"); and from gustav@poicer.gaA2.i.vg//1y4-HigHSrV, no message.  I received these two last night.

Again just now:  A2.i.vg//1y4 HigHSrV.

Can I block these messages?

0 Likes