Thunderbolt - Dead and want to try to reset but how?
not

I have a Thunderbolt that stopped working.  Basically went to bed with it working and woke up and it will not respond to anything.  Not even a power light when plugged in.   Tried a different power cord and a proven good battery from another device and still nothing.  Power button and volume for 20 seconds and nothing (tried up and down volume to be certain).  I understand it may just have lived its life but I wanted to try to factory reset as a last effort.  Looking at troubleshooting and it says "An alternate reset method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on." but the link is dead.  Anyone know how to do this or have any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt - Dead and want to try to reset but how?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

not,

Oh no! I want you to be back up and running with your device. I do apologize that the link didn't help out for the Alternate Reset Method. Let's try this:  Press and hold the Volume Down Button then press and hold the Power Button until the HBOOT screen appears, release both keys. Then Press the Volume Down Button to select Factory Reset then pres the Power Button. The boot process takes several moments, refer to the progress bar (located in the upper right). If the device hangs or freezes, remove/replace the battery. I hope this was helpful for you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The recovery mode was all that I knew of if you cant get the phone to power on normally.  It may be the actual hardware buttons not allowing the phone to come on no matter what you try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

not,

Oh no! I want you to be back up and running with your device. I do apologize that the link didn't help out for the Alternate Reset Method. Let's try this:  Press and hold the Volume Down Button then press and hold the Power Button until the HBOOT screen appears, release both keys. Then Press the Volume Down Button to select Factory Reset then pres the Power Button. The boot process takes several moments, refer to the progress bar (located in the upper right). If the device hangs or freezes, remove/replace the battery. I hope this was helpful for you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes