This is Madness
KiddRobb

There needs to be a world wide boycott of these rip off phone companies charging so much for data.  I pay 170.00 per month for 6 gigs of data that I use in about a week.  I travel 3 weeks out of the month, sometimes more.  This is a total ripoff considering the internet was built with US Taxpayer money by the US military, it certainly wasn't built by Google, Microsoft, Apple, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin, and IBM.  For these corporations to gouge the public by assessing what amounts to "usage fees per gigabyte" is total hogwash.  I am going to propose to my representative that the United States Federal government establish taxpayer funded access to the internet with no bandwidth or data usage restrictions.  These robber baron corporations would no doubt charge you by the breath you take if they could.  It's time to end this insanity and demand PUBLIC FUNDED MOBILE ACCESS from our Reps in Congress to data via the internet and put these bushwhackers back in their places.  The US government can provide the access with no data limits and I would pay my fair share of a 10 or 20 dollars PER YEAR tax levied to create the access and build the necessary infrastructure to support it, in just the same way the internet was created.  Then the internet, created by the US Taxpayer, would truly belong to the US Taxpayer, at least in the United States.

For Verizon and many other data providers such as AT&T, Sprint, ETC. to bottleneck the data usage of the internet by demanding outrageous usage fees per gigabyte is INTOLERABLE. 

Also, this will create many badly needed jobs in the United States.

Would you rather pay $50 to $200 bucks PER MONTH for mobile access to the internet or a 10 dollar PER YEAR annual tax for the same service?  If you answered in the latter, then we need to DEMAND this be done.

If the United States Military can build the Internet with taxpayer money, then they can also build the access to use it using taxpayer money.

>Personal info and comment removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This is Madness
rcschnoor
Legend

KiddRobb wrote:

There needs to be a world wide boycott of these rip off phone companies charging so much for data.  I pay 170.00 per month for 6 gigs of data that I use in about a week.  I travel 3 weeks out of the month, sometimes more.  This is a total ripoff considering the internet was built with US Taxpayer money by the US military, it certainly wasn't built by Google, Microsoft, Apple, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin, and IBM.  For these corporations to gouge the public by assessing what amounts to "usage fees per gigabyte" is total hogwash.  I am going to propose to my representative that the United States Federal government establish taxpayer funded access to the internet with no bandwidth or data usage restrictions.  Good luck with that. Just what I need, more reasons to tax! That way I can STILL pay for my mobile data and ALSO for some other people's data who DON'T pay taxes. What a great idea to save money!!!!!!!

These robber baron corporations would no doubt charge you by the breath you take if they could.  It's time to end this insanity and demand PUBLIC FUNDED MOBILE ACCESS from our Reps in Congress to data via the internet and put these bushwhackers back in their places.  The US government can provide the access with no data limits and I would pay my fair share of a 10 or 20 dollars PER YEAR tax levied to create the access and build the necessary infrastructure to support it, in just the same way the internet was created.  Then the internet, created by the US Taxpayer, would truly belong to the US Taxpayer, at least in the United States. While you are at it, can you also include STATIC access so that I won't have to pay for broadband at my home. Well, I guess I would end up paying for it with increased taxes, which would most likely pay for myself and a couple of others who DON'T pay taxes!

For Verizon and many other data providers such as AT&T, Sprint, ETC. to bottleneck the data usage of the internet by demanding outrageous usage fees per gigabyte is INTOLERABLE. 

Also, this will create many badly needed jobs in the United States.

Would you rather pay $50 to $200 bucks PER MONTH for mobile access to the internet or a 10 dollar PER YEAR annual tax for the same service?  If you answered in the latter, then we need to DEMAND this be done. Yes, I am sure it would only come to $10/year. The government does everything else for less than 3% of the cost of the private sector(NOT), I am sure this will work out the same. What color is the sky in your world?

If the United States Military can build the Internet with taxpayer money, then they can also build the access to use it using taxpayer money.

>Personal info and comment removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: This is Madness
Not applicable

KiddRobb wrote:

There needs to be a world wide boycott of these rip off phone companies charging so much for data.  I pay 170.00 per month for 6 gigs of data that I use in about a week.  I travel 3 weeks out of the month, sometimes more.  This is a total ripoff considering the internet was built with US Taxpayer money by the US military, it certainly wasn't built by Google, Microsoft, Apple, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin, and IBM.  For these corporations to gouge the public by assessing what amounts to "usage fees per gigabyte" is total hogwash.  I am going to propose to my representative that the United States Federal government establish taxpayer funded access to the internet with no bandwidth or data usage restrictions.  These robber baron corporations would no doubt charge you by the breath you take if they could.  It's time to end this insanity and demand PUBLIC FUNDED MOBILE ACCESS from our Reps in Congress to data via the internet and put these bushwhackers back in their places.  The US government can provide the access with no data limits and I would pay my fair share of a 10 or 20 dollars PER YEAR tax levied to create the access and build the necessary infrastructure to support it, in just the same way the internet was created.  Then the internet, created by the US Taxpayer, would truly belong to the US Taxpayer, at least in the United States.

A)  The US Military invented Verizon's LTE network? that's news to me.

B) You are really showing your lack of knowledge of how things work. If everyone had unlimited data Verizon's network would shut down. Or be slower than molasses in January. Maybe you think spectrum and bandwidth work like magic, they don't. Verizon currently only uses 10 MHz for download and 10 MHz for upload in the 700 MHz frequencies. Of course more towers would help. MANY MANY more towers. Of course no one wants towers within site of their property so all the NIMBY people would prevent Verizon form doing that even if they wanted too. And more towers means more maintenance which means higher prices.

C) I'm pretty sure you're mobile device has wi-fi. Most hotels/motels have wi-fi access for free.

D) a nationwide broadband network would cost at least $200 billion which would be over $650 for every man woman and child in the US and take a decade to build if you started today. And since kids don't pay taxes and there are only about 150 million taxpayers the cost would be at least $1300 per taxpayer. So where you get $20 per year tax is beyond me. And that is just to build the thing. That doesn't even count running it and maintaining it.

E) $170 for 6 GB? A Share Everything plan for single line and 6 GB is $120 even with taxes and fees it would be under $130. For an extra $70 you an get 20 GB a month.

As Verizon deploys the spectrum it bought form the cable companies and as they re-farm 1X and 3G spectrum and deploy any spectrum they may get from the upcoming TV spectrum auctions and of course as devices that can use these frequencies become available I'm 100% positive the caps will not only go up but go up greatly. This however may take 8-10 years.

0 Likes