Thinking about returning my Phones.
BrianE

Hi,

I bought 3 HTC Incredibles on launch day.  I'm coming from iPhone 3GS & AT&T service.  

The Verizon service is a major disappointment.   I have never seen anything more than 2 bars while driving (-85dbm) & while at home and work the phone is basically unusable.  No bars (-100dbm).  It drops calls and Google Voice calls are horrible.  The local Verizon store switched my towers to the local Alltel towers to try and help with the service issues, it hasn't made a difference.

As for the phones, they are very fast and the OS is nice but I have had a major issue with each phone.  

• My wife's microphone just stopped working randomly and Verizon restored it and blamed it on the Google Listen app.
  • The data on my phone would not work today.  It was like it was switched off.  I restarted it several times and it started working again randomly about an hour ago.
  • The SD Card often shows up and not installed when it is in the phone fine, I have to open up the phone and take it out and put it back in a few times.
I really like the phones & the Google integration but I can't deal with these service issues.  I don't want to go back to AT&T so I may opt for the HTC EVO & Sprint.
Any advice?  Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thinking about returning my Phones.
Not applicable

Try out the Motorola Droid.  I love mine. 

0 Likes
TallGuy1970

Advice? Check out the service first. Decide on a phone after that.

The best phone in the world is only an expensive toy if you can't get service. Before heading over to another carrier, ask around and see what coverage others who live and work in the same area are getting. After confirming you can get a good signal, then go looking at phones.

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might laugh but if you for certain you might be returning the phones ..why not try the Eris.  It's a scaled down version of the Incredible but it's a solid phone. With the official OTA coming out soon it should make it even better. Plus since they are reaching EOL you could probably just buy one and get two free ones.

0 Likes