ThinQ and AI not on Verizon's version of the Oreo update
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

Any idea when Verizon will roll out the ThinQ version of Android Oreo with AI camera. It seems other carriers have these features on their recent Oreo updates.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ThinQ and AI not on Verizon's version of the Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly understand wanting to have all of the features for your device, JoeMikeKnight. At this time, LG has not released that version of the software to Verizon yet. I have provided a link below with information on our software updates. 

DiaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Saiyan_Prince

I would just like to add that I was also extremely disappointed to see that other carriers that have pushed 8.0 to V30 devices included the ThinQ software except for Verizon. As far as I can tell VZW has no plans to carry or offer the V30S, so I see no reason not to include the AI Camera in a future update. I sincerely hope this will not be yet another case of everyone but VZW. Please consider your power users!!! Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Saiyan_Prince wrote:

I would just like to add that I was also extremely disappointed to see that other carriers that have pushed 8.0 to V30 devices included the ThinQ software except for Verizon. As far as I can tell VZW has no plans to carry or offer the V30S, so I see no reason not to include the AI Camera in a future update. I sincerely hope this will not be yet another case of everyone but VZW. Please consider your power users!!! Thank you!!!!

Why not switch carriers?

0 Likes
Saiyan_Prince

Where I currently live VZW is the only carrier with any sort of somewhat usable coverage.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You might have to start buying unlocked versions. Thought you'd lose wi-fi calling and video calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saiyan_Prince, we truly appreciate your feedback. We know how important it is to have the features you desire on your current device. At this time, there’s no new information regarding ThinQ or AI capabalities with the latest update to the LG V30. We’ll be happy to pass along your feedback and of course, you’re always welcome to reach the manufacturer directly for further inquiries. Meanwhile, you can always check out the latest news we have to offer regarding updates for the LG V30 here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-v30-update/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes