There is no speakerphone icon when on the phone
djpierc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to place my phone on speaker as there is no icon to press.

I have the Android Turbo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: There is no speakerphone icon when on the phone
djpierc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do use the bluetooth in the car but I have not used my car for over a week.  I turned the bluetooth off on my phone and then the speaker icon is displayed by default. I guess that is the workaround when not using bluetooth. It is too bad the Customer Support person did not know that - pretty sad.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very sorry your having this problem djpierc. I know how important this feature is. I use it all the time. There should be an icon when on a call. I'm sorry I don't have a visual walkthru to show you where the icon is. Please visit a local store for assistance. Find one here: http://bilyly/3SdsA

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

While on a call, there should be a speaker phone icon.  See page 26 of the user manual:  https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1021914/1414680708/redirect/1/session/L2F...

If it's not there, then try tapping the keypad symbol to bring up the keypad, and see if there is a speakerphone icon on that screen.

djpierc
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem was that it was showing the Bluetooth icon but there was a dropdown option on the bluetooth icon and when selected the speaker icon was one of the options.

Once I selected the speaker dropdown option it worked.  I was told by Verizon that the next version of the software will display up to 7 icons and that will eliminate the dropdown window and display all of those options like the rest - mute, add call, etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only time I had something other than just  the speaker icon in the call dialog was when I had multiple options for continuing the call. For example I could continue the call on the car Bluetooth or the speakers and one other option I don't recall. It was presented as a drop down menu under the normal speaker icon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I am wondering if you normally have the phone connected to a Bluetooth device and the phone was picking up on that option as default instead of selecting the speakerphone option on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
djpierc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do use the bluetooth in the car but I have not used my car for over a week.  I turned the bluetooth off on my phone and then the speaker icon is displayed by default. I guess that is the workaround when not using bluetooth. It is too bad the Customer Support person did not know that - pretty sad.

0 Likes