The voice mail icon link on my LG G2 will not function properly
suzendee

When I touch the voice mail icon on my LG G2 home page( red rectangle with 2 circles) I get an error message "Network unavailable! Please try again later..." Same thing happens if I try to use the voice mail icon from the phone keypad. Also, if I have a voice mail, there used to be an indication of that on the icon. Now the only indication I have is a teeny-weeny black/white icon in the upper left hand corner of ther screen.

However, if I turn on my data link and then tap the large red voice mail icon I'm taken to a screen with the options: 1- subscribe to visual voice mail or 2- call voice mail. I don't want to subscribe to visual voice mail I just want to retrieve my voice messages. I've checked the user manual instructions again and the most current version says that if I tap the icon and don't have visual voice mail it will automatically dial the voice mail number. Also, I shouldn't have to have a mobile data connection turned on to retrieve voice mails, I should be able to do that over the standard phone connection. The only way I know I have voice mails is the tiny icon in the upper left corner and the only way to retrieve them is to manually dial "*86" on the phone touch pad.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The voice mail icon link on my LG G2 will not function properly
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail icon on your home screen is only for the Visual Voicemail option.

For basic voicemail you can either pull down the notification shade and touch the voicemail notification to dial voicemail, create a voicemail contact in your People/Contacts application and use it to dial into the voicemail system, or long press 1 on your dial pad to start the call into voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail icon on your home screen is only for the Visual Voicemail option.

For basic voicemail you can either pull down the notification shade and touch the voicemail notification to dial voicemail, create a voicemail contact in your People/Contacts application and use it to dial into the voicemail system, or long press 1 on your dial pad to start the call into voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
suzendee

Thanks for the response. I thought for sure the icon had worked before. I did research pretty thoroughly before posting and no where could I find anything that indicated the icon was for visual voice mail only. I've had the phone for about 4 months, so I guess I just had a stupid attack.

0 Likes