The upgrade to Kitkat (4.4.2) broke my phone
GrouchyOldFart
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a smart phone, I use the phone for more then a phone. Now apps like ES File Explorer and Text Edit cannot edit, change or delete files on the SD card. That is 50% of what I us the phone for been rendered useless. This is on a Galaxy S3.

How do I roll this back to the old software?

I highly recommend that no one take this update until this bug is fixed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The upgrade to Kitkat (4.4.2) broke my phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't a bug. It is how it was designed by Google. Some reading material. http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GrouchyOldFart
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, thanks. I'll take it into Verizon today and have them either roll it back or replace the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can't rollback the OS. Samsung designed the code to only move forward not backwards. The replacement will have the same OS version or constantly bug you about updating and eventually it will update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ZZartmann

4.4.2 RUINED a great LG. Been with VZ 21 years and if, when I go to store, they don't make things right I'm switching carriers. Tech support, which I pay extra for, has been no help and an LG rep said I should mail the phone to LG. WTF!

0 Likes
ZZartmann

And I'm not paying an early termination fee since VZ is breaking the terms of my contract.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

You have no leg to stand on. Read the contract link above.

B33
Legend

True.. as Elector indicated  unfortunately even though these issue exist Getting out of contract the only you can is to pay the early Termination fee..

0 Likes
crookedtree

Join the club. My phone works like (removed) after the upgrade and reinstallation by verizon of this OS. I had zero issues before. There's no way I'm keeping verizon if it doesnt get resolved soon. I can't live like this. I sit at work with 4G and full bars and my messaging system flat out crashes repeatedly, among other odd things. Total (removed) and unacceptable as a customer. Btw I have a 3 mini.

>> Profanity removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Contact the Device maker and Google who put out the Last update.

Verizon did not break your device. The device makers update did.

All carriers are having the issues. So unless you start your own cellular company you are out of luck!