Re: The power of Android, the usability of HTC Sense and the reliability of our 3G network have all
Pook530

Could someone please tell me 1) How many text messages can it hold max. & 2) In the texts can you view the conversation? What was said and you said?

0 Likes
Where is 2.0-2.1....Most don't know any better..But I do...where is it
Theritz

Comments consistently passed around of this mysterious 2.0 or 2.1 update for the eris..But months go by and nothing...First quarter of 2010 goes by and nothing.....where is 2.1 are droid eris users less deserving that droid users where is it?

0 Likes
Re: Where is 2.0-2.1....Most don't know any better..But I do...where is it
sherweed

As of this very week I have exchanged emails with Verizon on this subject and received 3 different answers - none of which included ANY information on a projected date for the rollout of this update. The closest I got boiled down to "we have no idea" and "it will happen when it happens". I got lots of misdirection that was apparently supposed to explain why it has not been rolled out yet, but none of it was at all specific. I was left with the distinct impression that Verizon reps have been told to string us along but not give any real information.

For the first time in over 10 years, I am actually thinking about switching carriers and telling my friends to do so as well. I am just blown away that Verizon's customer service has sunk to such an unacceptable level.

0 Likes
Re: The power of Android, the usability of HTC Sense and the reliability of our 3G network have all
JB_Nimble

And what about all the Droid Eris customers you have literally thrown under the bus? The 2.1 was supposed to be available January 2010 per the store reps. Its now May, and while you are pushing the Incredible, Eris owners continue to get dissed. Weak.

0 Likes
onewithshadows

Add "not available" to the cool list of features

6. Not available, because we were short sighted and didn't expect the best phone on our network to sell really well after announcing no N1 for Verizon.

0 Likes
SmartPhonesRock

I received the 2.1 update on my Droid Eris this weekend...while visiting in Chicago..I am from MA and I was the first of my friends who received it.

My sister got her Droid months before I got mine, and I still got the update before her. Maybe this was because I was in Chicago? Is the upgrade is West --> East coast or something?

No idea, either way the OS is super fast compared to V1.6. The Facebook app is cool that came with this version.

I am still discovering the new features such as the way I can see all 7 screens at once if I want...pretty cool thus far!

0 Likes
aej1098

I've had the new upgread for a couple of days now...I've gotten most things put back in place but I've been having trouble with my contacts syncing.  When I did go to the 'sync now' it would say sync would be back soon and there was a red circle becide the gmail connection.  After a while that went away and everything seemed normal...the circle next to gmail was green and I could select 'sunc now'.  However, when I logged onto my gmail account later on, I found that ALL OF MY CONTACTS HAD BEEN DELETED!!!!  Telephone numbers are in my phone but with no names / emails...and I now have no contact info in my gmail.  I did have my account synced with my verizon account to backup everynight...but heck, everytime I click on the contacts selection to try to update it, it tells me why I should do the 'backup' instead of giving me uptions to edit....HELP!! 

0 Likes
Johnniee

is this phone 4G compatible, when verizon upgrades to 4G?

0 Likes