Re: The power of Android, the usability of HTC Sense and the reliability of our 3G network have all
okie75

I think Verizon is holding up the 2.1 update, maybe to push the Incredible, and then won't update the Incredible because they are pushing the next new phone in 6 months, that is just an opinion based on what is happening now, I hope I am proved wrong.

0 Likes
Re: The power of Android, the usability of HTC Sense and the reliability of our 3G network have all
AllThumbs

I think I am upgrading to this, but I'm reading that the device is hard to read in sunlight. If this is so, what about seeing the qwerty keyboard and the phone dialer outdoors?

Also, is the Skype compatibility coming to this phone also?

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I personally hadn't heard about the sun washing out the display on the Incredible. I know I heard that happens on the N1. I'll look around a bit more and see if the Incredible is affected by that as well.

Well, that took about 4 minutes. I just read 2 reviews discussing the display in the sun.  I suppose this will make it difficult for those who spend a large amount of time outdoors. Fortunately, I'm a cave dweller both at home and at work, so I guess it won't be quite as bad for me. :smileyhappy:

As for Skype, yes it's supported, albeit in it's current configuration which many are not really happy about due to the lack of support on wifi. I don't use it so I don't have an opinion about it either way.

0 Likes
sartracker

I purchased a Tour less than 30 days ago after being told that it would tether with my Mac. Wrong, it doesn't even though it's updated to a 5.0.

So, I have about 7 days left to return it if I don't like it and although I do like it, I live in a semi remote area where internet is not always available and would like to have tether capabilities.

I went through 3 very nice service reps before I finally got a correct answer. The first 2 didn't even know it wouldn't work with a Mac. So does anyone know if this new Droid will tether with a Mac? 

Verizon wants me to tell them how my service was in purchasing my new phone. I don't think they really want to hear what I thought of it. It wasn't the people, the problem is that they didn't have access to the correct information.  :smileytongue:

Thanks for any info! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

No, the Incredible does not tether. At least not yet and not officially.

However it's a much better phone, and if you're brave and tech-savvy it's much more likely that someone, whether it be Verizon or a root hacker, will figure out a way to tether with the Incredible rather than the Tour.

0 Likes
sartracker

Thank you! I'll check with my son and see if he's able to help. I don't understand what Verizon has against Macs? The Curve and Storm will both tether with a Mac and they are at the same 5.0, I'm not sure what that means but all three are the same. 

And I do like the look of the Android! If I can't tether with either one I might as well go with the better phone and hope that someday it will change. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
yashachan

AllThumbs wrote:

I think I am upgrading to this, but I'm reading that the device is hard to read in sunlight. If this is so, what about seeing the qwerty keyboard and the phone dialer outdoors?

If the screen is similar to the Eris', it's pretty much impossible to read in the sun. If I need to use my phone outside, I wait until I'm in the shade or I use my hand or body to try to create enough shadow for the screen to be visible enough. I also have a screen protector/privacy thingy on my screen, so I don't know how that contributes to the difficulty of seeing my screen in the sun. My glasses darken in the sun, so that may also be another factor in my difficulty of reading my screen.

0 Likes
mostlyundecided

Kacey wrote:

Its nice that verizon is working hard on more smartphones, but now that the rest of us are forced to pay a mandatory data plan how about verizon works on some decent simple feature phones?  That is what customers are waiting for!!  Verizon needs quality, decent looking feature phones with touch screens - a good camera(3.0) and qwerty keyboards.

When will you be announcing something like this Mark?

Kacey, check out the Samsung Reality, my daughter looked at smartphones but found the Reality had everything she wanted and worked with the 9.99 plan...it just came out last week.  Beautiful and responsive touch screen, slide out qwerty, internet browsing, you can browse through your photo album pics by swiping across the screen just like on smartphones, too.

0 Likes
buddha724
Enthusiast - Level 3

Eris

mp81103 wrote:

The droid eris will be receiving a Android OS 2.1 update in the next few months according to my contact at HTC.  He states that it is in the final approval stage for release.  And a representative that I called also confirms that there will be a update!

Us Eris users have been hearing that for a while...  I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Likes
Driod-Pimpn2010

Just got back from the Verizon store with the new Incredible. And without a doubt the phone is Incredible!!! I just upgrading from a Blackberry Curve and a Driod Eris, no comprasions at all. The phone is very slick, and very very very very fast!!!! ( Notice all the Very's) Honestly its fast. Anyone who is considering this phone, you need to take your tail to your Verizon store and get a hands on feel, but I highly recommend the HTC Incredible.

0 Likes