The instructions states that the light will turn off and go to stand-by (no Red Light) when fully charged. Is this a defective unit and is the charger still charging the battery and causing damage to the battery?
babo410

The instructions on Verizon Qi stand charger states that the light will turn off and go to stand-by (no Red Light) when fully charged.  Is this a defective unit and is the charger still charging the battery and causing damage to the battery on my new Galaxy S6?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The instructions states that the light will turn off and go to stand-by (no Red Light) when fully charged. Is this a defective unit and is the charger still charging the battery and causing damage to the battery?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

babo410, I have the same charging stand that you have with my Droid Turbo.  I wouldn't worry about the light staying on after the charge reaches 100%.  Mine does the same thing.  Don't look for the red light to go out right at the instant the phone hits 100%.  After the device hits 100% it will still do a very light continuous charge for a while.  Keep the phone on the stand if you want.  Usually the red light on mine goes out about 10 to 15 minutes after the phone says 100%.  The battery percentages are not completely accurate.  Dave

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The instructions states that the light will turn off and go to stand-by (no Red Light) when fully charged. Is this a defective unit and is the charger still charging the battery and causing damage to the battery?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi babo410!

I'm saddened to learn that you're experiencing issues and I'm here to help! Are you stating that your device does not go into stand by mode? Please clarify.

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: The instructions states that the light will turn off and go to stand-by (no Red Light) when fully charged.  Is this a defective unit and is the charger still charging the battery and causing damage to the battery?
babo410

Hello,

i just found your answer. Sorry for the late reply.

I have a new S6 and I'm on my second Qi Charing stand. Retuned first one because when the S6 is on the charger Red LED come on,phone will indicate charging. Phone will indicate 100% fully charge, but the Red LED remands on. I retuned the first unit. Second unit does the same thing. My question is the charger defective, institutions wrong, Red LED should remain on while the phone is on the stand? Or more importunately is the charger still charging the phone and possibly damaging the battery? The Second Qi Charger is doing the  same thing is this one defective too?   Should I return the second unit also?

Thanks,

BoBH.

0 Likes
Re: The instructions states that the light will turn off and go to stand-by (no Red Light) when fully charged.  Is this a defective unit and is the charger still charging the battery and causing damage to the battery?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

babo410,

I appreciate the additional details. Let's take a deeper dive into this. What exact make/model (model number) is the Qi charging stand you are referring to?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
babo410

Hello Lindsey,

Yes put this question to rest once and for all the others who have asked the same question and not ( at least as far as I can find) regrading the little red light on the Verizon Qi charging stand model # VZW3COIL-WC. Input: DC

12V,750mA. Output:5W.

The Power supply is manufactured in China by (on the device) Salcomp.  Model # S15A02.

Input:100V-240V~ 50-60 Hz 0.3A. Output: 12V-.075A  S/N 521301376.

As I've said the red light remains on as long as my S6 Galaxy in on the charging stand. The phone will indicate that the battery is at 100% and fully charged but the red LED remands on.  The instructions  for the Qi Charging stands stated that the LED (red light) is on Stand By (off i.e. no red LED light is on) when no phone is on the stand and will remain on during charging. The instructions also stated that when the phone is fully charged the LED will go to Stand By mode and the red LED will turn off.  When my S6 is placed on the stand the red LED light will turn on indicating that the phone is now charging.The phone will also indcate it is chageing. 

When the phone indicates it is at 100% fully charged (as indicated on the phone's screen) the red LED light is still on the Qi Charging stand.

According the instructions for the Verizon Qi Charging stand the red LED light should turn off and go to the Stand-By mode (red LED light off) when charging is completed.  My Qi charging stand doesn't go back into Stand By Mode (LED off). As I've said this is now the second Qi charging stand that I've had (the first one was returned and replaced with this unit) that is doing the same thing.

What I'm concerned about is two things, is this a defective Qi charger and is more importantly is the charger continuing to charge my S6 phone battery and will damage the phone and the battery? 

This question as been addressed several times on your site but no one has answered the question  definitively to whether or  not the Qi chargers are defective or  insturtons are in error. 

I don't want in 6 months from now find out that my new Galaxy S6's battery has been over charged by the Qi Charger and I'm having to replace the battery at my expense because Verizon has put a defective charger on the market.

I hope you have all the necessary   information that you need to finally answer this question once and for all.   I can either return this unit and get a new one that works according to the instructions or have Verizon change the instructions to correctly indicate how the Qi Charging  Stand operates so not to confuse others in the future. 

Thanks for all your help,

BoBH.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

babo410,

We definitely want to make sure this is fully addressed. I thank you for the details you have provided. Upon review of the product and reaching out to the manufacture of the wireless, I can say that though the device is showing the LED red light your device will be fine. The newer batteries in device are built to prevent overcharging. The battery will automatically stop charging once it has reached 100%.

In regads to the LED light it will remain on.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

babo410, I have the same charging stand that you have with my Droid Turbo.  I wouldn't worry about the light staying on after the charge reaches 100%.  Mine does the same thing.  Don't look for the red light to go out right at the instant the phone hits 100%.  After the device hits 100% it will still do a very light continuous charge for a while.  Keep the phone on the stand if you want.  Usually the red light on mine goes out about 10 to 15 minutes after the phone says 100%.  The battery percentages are not completely accurate.  Dave

0 Likes
babo410

Lindsey,

Thanks for looking into this matter for me. I hoped that at least the phone would prevent its battery from being overcharged. It's good to know that.

It might be of some help to those who actually read instructions that the manufacture change  the instructions to read how the device actually works.

But as I said it would only be of help to those who read instructions anyway. 

Thanks,

BoBH.

0 Likes
babo410

Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to send a reply.

Motorola phones must work differently on the Qi Charger than my Samsung Galaxy S6. Neither of the two units that I've had has the red LEDs gone off when a phone is on the charger. I've charged  my S6 overnight and the LEDt is still on in the morning and the phone will indicate 100% charge.

Mille Grazie!

BoBH.

0 Likes