The Worst Customer Service Of My Life
ThisIsNow

I have a been a customer of Verizon for over 10 years.  The last three months, I have had nothing but problems with my Samsung Stratosphere.  I am now on my fourth replacement and the phone is absolutely worthless.  It is stuck in a boot loop and just turns on and off every 5 seconds.  I brought it in to a Verizon store and was told "oh yea I have seen that before" followed by "sorry I cant help you have a nice day."  I am 29 days away from an upgrade and after pleading with them to just bump it up, after all I have been a customer for a decade, they wouldn't do a thing.  I have paid hundreds of dollars for phone service that I have been unable to use because I have a phone that simply won't turn on. Verizon's customer service even asked what is a good time to call me.  Um newsflash, my phone wont turn on so you can't call me!  I am now being forced to get yet another replacement phone, when I am going to simply upgrade it in 3 weeks.  How is that economical on their part?

The last three months dealing with Verizon have been an absolutely and I mean absolute joke.  I am a customer service rep myself and the simple lack of care they approach their customers with is deplorable.  This has been an absolutely pitiful and frustrating situation and Verizon could care less.  And to top it off, its my birthday coming up and I wont have a phone!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The Worst Customer Service Of My Life
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Please do not upgrade.. you will get yourself in the SAME circle of devices and you will continue to receive refurbed replacements. Think other options.

>>profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you purchase an extended warranty?  If not, your phone has been out of warranty for 11 months.  Why would Verizon send you a replacement phone?   Just find or purchase a cheap basic phone to put on your line for the next 29 days.  Also, if you have unlimited data and want to keep it, you can pay full retail price for a new phone.  In that case, you might as well go ahead and do that now.

0 Likes
The Worst Customer Service Of My Life
ThisIsNow

I have insurance.  That is why they are sending me my 4th replacement. 

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Actually, the reason why they are sending the replacement is NOT because you have "insurance" - but because you have "extended warranty", which is often bundled with insurance, and called TEC (Total Equipment Coverage).

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The thing is you signed a contract and until that contract ends you are bound by the terms. One of those terms is that you can not get the discounted price on a new phone until the contract ends. Verizon doesn't have to and won't give you an upgrade even 1 day early.

Happy Birthday

0 Likes