The VZAWAVSSERVICE has stricken my phone, Samsung had me factory reset, and now I can't even get the phone to make it through the setup wizard without powering itself off. Help!
Jayhawkluvr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Suggestions?  Help?  So frustrating as it can't be this difficult.  Verizon says it's Samsung, Samsung says it just needs reset and it's just not working.  Any ideas? 

Labels (1)
Re: The VZAWAVSSERVICE has stricken my phone, Samsung had me factory reset, and now I can't even get the phone to make it through the setup wizard without powering itself off.  Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jayhawkluvr
I'm so sorry your having issues. Let's look into this together. Was the software changed? Is the device damaged? Are you getting an error message?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: The VZAWAVSSERVICE has stricken my phone, Samsung had me factory reset, and now I can't even get the phone to make it through the setup wizard without powering itself off. Help!
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Take your phone to a Best Buy store. Inside the store they will have a Samsung Booth.  That is really a Samsung Store within Best Buy, all manned by Samsung employees. Give them your phone and ask them to re flash the Factory OS to it which will bring your phone back to the current Uncorrupted version of the OS.

Then when you get the same message (and you will) uninstall ALL updates for Google + and if you do not use Google + Disable it. If you do use Google + then set it to NOT auto update.

The message you are getting is from Google + in the most current update.

Re: The VZAWAVSSERVICE has stricken my phone, Samsung had me factory reset, and now I can't even get the phone to make it through the setup wizard without powering itself off. Help!
Eric_Rhodes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll try that tonight after work.  I'm getting the same message when I power on.  ANd now no combination of charging cable/charger/USB port will work. 3 batteries, 6 cables, three chargers. laptop, two desktops, car charger. Nothing.  It's a software problem.

0 Likes