The Lg Vortex
khoren334

Just got the LG Vortex and the 150MB/mo plan. I have wifi at home and everywhere I will use my phone so thought I'd be fine with the 150 plan. But I'm afraid i will go over the mb usage, I was only planning on using the internet on my phone when i had Wifi.  Is there any apps i can use to save mb or list some programs i need to take auto sync off thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The Lg Vortex
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If the switch is there it would be under the wireless & networks section of the settings.

Keeping the auto-sync off or setting your email and facebook notifications to manually check only when you open them can help keep the data usage down. Especially if you allow the mobile network to stay on.

IMHO. What spiral said above will work the best for monitoring the data usage. You can either do it from the phone or by logging into My Verizon from a computer.

When I got my HTC phone a year ago, it came with a switch to turn off the mobile network. For the first eight months I pretty much could have used the 150 mb plan. Out of those eight months only during two of them did I go over 150 mb and even then I was under 200 mb. I changed my habits after that point and now average about 450 mb a month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

khoren334 wrote:

Just got the LG Vortex and the 150MB/mo plan. I have wifi at home and everywhere I will use my phone so thought I'd be fine with the 150 plan. But I'm afraid i will go over the mb usage, I was only planning on using the internet on my phone when i had Wifi.  Is there any apps i can use to save mb or list some programs i need to take auto sync off thanks.

Your best application for monitoring your data usage is the My Verizon app.  Use it to check your usage every day (it does not use any data) and you will get a good idea of what your day-to-day usage is.  Have fun with your new phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can also check to see if the phone has a switch to turn the mobile network off whenever you don't need it but still allows voice calls to function.

If it doesn't have one, you can try searching for one in the Market. The one that I have found that works for CDMA phones is Quick Settings. The mobile network switch Isn't in the default view but if you press menu then customize you can drag the switch up to the main view.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
khoren334

Thank you, do you know if the lg vortex has a swtich i don't believe it does but you said i can do it from the app called quick settings? Also are there any other apps or steps to save mb usage

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If the switch is there it would be under the wireless & networks section of the settings.

Keeping the auto-sync off or setting your email and facebook notifications to manually check only when you open them can help keep the data usage down. Especially if you allow the mobile network to stay on.

IMHO. What spiral said above will work the best for monitoring the data usage. You can either do it from the phone or by logging into My Verizon from a computer.

When I got my HTC phone a year ago, it came with a switch to turn off the mobile network. For the first eight months I pretty much could have used the 150 mb plan. Out of those eight months only during two of them did I go over 150 mb and even then I was under 200 mb. I changed my habits after that point and now average about 450 mb a month.

0 Likes
des10y1234

I just got the Vortex. The young man in the store highly suggested (and then downloaded for me) the app Advanced Task Killer. This stops all the apps from running in the background, but will still enable them when you get email, calls, etc. The app is free and you just have to make a note to yourself to run this every time you're through with your phone for a bit. This should keep some of the usage down. Hope this helps!

0 Likes