Re: Texting on HTC U11
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Njvrudn

Our Enhanced Messaging Service does provide longer messages. Capable handsets can send and receive up to 7 text messages together as a single Enhanced text message when sending and receiving messages between Verizon devices on our network. However, longer messages transmitted by devices on other networks are limited to 160 characters. As a result, longer messages are split into several messages. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Njvrudn
Enthusiast - Level 2

(sigh)

If you read the original post and even a handful of subsequent posts, you'd likely realize that everyone here is WELL AWARE of the fact that longer texts from other carriers will be broken into multiple messages. However, when it does so, on the HTC u11 for whatever reason, IT DOES NOT TRANSMIT the entire message.

For example, if a message is 180 characters from my girlfriend on the AT&T network, logic would dictate that I would receive 2 separate messages; one with 160 characters, and one with the remaining 20 characters. HOWEVER, what I (and many others with this device) receive is roughly 145ish characters, loss of ~15, and then the remaining 20.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Njvrudn, I can understand your concern about text messages. I know you've working on this for some time. I want to make sure this gets resolved for you. I have researched and found no other reports of this issue on our network. It seems to be an issue only with this phone. Since this phone was not manufactured for the Verizon Wireless network, we cannot guarantee that all functions will work properly. I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer, HTC, directly. They can be reached at http://vz.to/2su6sXt  

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes