Texting issues
Gunner1972

Ever since the new update, I can no longer send pictures via texting, any suggestions how to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Texting issues
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Need to know more about this issue to help resolve in any way. What kind of phone do you have?

0 Likes
Gunner1972

I have the Droid DNA an every time I send a picture message to any of my contacts it will send then come back as invalid destination address, but if I send a regular txt message it goes throughout without an issue.

0 Likes
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok. Have you tried rebooting the device? Also, when you are sending the picture messages, are you using the full 10 digit number?

0 Likes
Gunner1972

I have rebooted several time since the update, I have tried all ten digits an even tried the one before the area code, I even asked a friend of the family that is not in my contacts if I could a picture message an still came up with the same invalid destination address.

0 Likes
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, something isn't right. Have you tried going to your messages, then click the settings and try "Back up / Restore SMS"? If that doesn't work you can try to factory reset. Go to Settings>Back up & Reset> Reset phone. Click OK. Afterwards, try to send another picture message. Let me know if this works for you! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Gunner1972

Thanks for all your help, if I do a reset I will lose everything on my phone correct?

0 Likes
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problem. Smiley Happy If you do a factory reset, it will only delete personal info and downloaded apps. UNLESS you check the box that says "Erase all data", if you CHECK the box it will delete music, pictures and the like. If you leave that UNCHECKED then you will not lose any pictures or music.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ea79 wrote:

No problem. Smiley Happy If you do a factory reset, it will only delete personal info and downloaded apps. UNLESS you check the box that says "Erase all data", if you CHECK the box it will delete music, pictures and the like. If you leave that UNCHECKED then you will not lose any pictures or music.

The DROID DNA only has an internal memory space and a factory reset WILL erase everything on the phone including pictures and music.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all you've already tried Gunner1972! Let's get this issue fixed with your DNA not sending MMS (Picture Messages). When did you get the last update onyour phone? What software version is it? You can check by going to Settings>About>Software Information.
Also, are you using default Messaging application or 3rd party application? If 3rd party, please try using default. Are you able to receive MMS? Please try going to Settings> Apps> All> Messages> Clear Cache> Clear Defaults. Then go back (<) and select Messages Widget> Clear Cache> Clear Defaults. Once this is completed, please restart phone. Let's see if helps. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes