Re: Texting and battery issues, LG G2
Snn5
Legend

I tried to explain that in an earlier post, but I was asked to provide documentation in writing that such an act of an FDR was necessary to repair any issue, for which it is not required, but a great way to start fresh.  LG G2 does not allow for pre-boot cache clearing.  It can be done in batch through settings-storage.  I used to go into recovery on all my former phones and clear before installing an update, such as I would check, see the update ready for download, power down, clear cache in recovery, reboot and download and install the OTA.  I don't even mess with all that anymore.  I just Check, FDR, OTA.  Done.  Obviously I have my info backup beforehand.

0 Likes
HardWick
Enthusiast - Level 1

When someone sends me a picture, either it says download forever and NEVER downloads or just takes forever. I have 3G 3 bars or 4G 3 bars most of the time with WiFi also. My phone is not full. Please help because I am so tired of this phone at this point. LG G2. Is there something I can check??

Snn5
Legend

Deleting old or long threads in messages can really help a lot.

0 Likes
HardWick
Enthusiast - Level 1

The download is the only message for that person... Are you telling me that I need to delete all my messages for my other contacts and if so,  are the messages saved somewhere??

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps you could delete other threads.  You can use a backup app in the Play Store to back them up before deleting them.

0 Likes